Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Faves of TwentyEleven: The Scenes

Hosted by inkcrush

Day Three: The Scenes

1. Best First Line
~ Hollowland ~
"This is the way the world ends- not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door."
I just had to read the rest of this book after this line.

2. Best Climax
~ Ship Breaker ~
Nailer's climatic battle aboard a sinking ship, during a terrifying storm against his murderous father put my brain into thrill overload!

3. Best Ending~ Saving Francesca ~
Melina Marchetta is a master of endings. She knows not everything needs to be wrapped up in a nice box with a pretty bow but somehow, as the reader, I feel content and at peace. I know the characters I have grown to love still have a way to go but after spending so much time with them, I know they will continue to grow and learn and love. Getting to meet up with Francesca, Will, Tom and Tara again in the Piper's Son was an unexpected but very welcome gift!

4. Best Plot Twist/Revelation (no spoilers!) 
I thought the book was finished and then I got to the "letter" at the end. I had to go out and get the next book immediately.

5. Scariest/Most Disturbing Scene and 6. Steamiest Scene 
Joss and Dylan are teenagers with super powers trying to protect each other and their friends while hiding their gifts from the government. Quite a few steamy scenes happen between Joss and Dylan but the steamiest scene happens after a fight when Dylan returns to Joss's house to get cleaned up. Joss's parent's don't approve of Dylan, but luckily his super power happens to be invisibility. Read it and enjoy! However, it's not all kisses and hugs for these two. One of the hardest scenes to read happens between Joss and Dylan's former friend, and now nemesis, Marco. Violence and pain are a balanced counter point to Joss and Dylan's growing relationship.

7. Best Swoon-Worthy Moment
~ Clockwork Prince
A certain proposal swept me off my feet! Swooning definitely occured.

8. Biggest Nail-Biting Moment
~ Delirium ~
Alex and Lena's motorcycle flight from her home at the end of the book! Will they make it? What is Alex's plan? I couldn't breath until I was done!

9. Most Hilarious Scene
~ Soulless ~
There are too many scenes in Soulless that made me laugh. The banter between Alexia and Lord Maccon is witty, sarcastic and occasionally naughty. My sense of humor approved :)

10. Most Heart-Breaking/Tear-Jerker Moment
~ White Cat ~
I never expected this book to actually affect me emotionally but, without any spoiling, the end of the book and Cassel's feeling of betrayal after his success, when he finally thought he got what he most wanted, broke my heart into tiny pieces.

BONUS: Favorite Meet Cute
I have weakness for characters that meet in unfavorable situations and begin their relationship off as enemies or fighting. When Meliara is captured to be turned over to the King, she has her first run in (of many) with the mysterious Marquis. Their gradual growth from enemies, to friends, to more is believable and adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment