Hosted by The Broke and Bookish for those of us that have a love of books and lists! Check them out :)
This week's theme is quotes. Now, I have trouble remembering what I said or did 5 minutes ago, but Goodreads has this fantastic quotes section. So after I read a book, I "like" some of the quotes from it. I decided to go back through the quotes I have liked since joining goodreads and use them. Fun Fact: more than 50% of my quotes were from Melina Marchetta... moving on
My Top Ten Quotes (from my Goodreads "likes"1. "I'm scared I'm going to spend the rest of my life in a state of yearning, regardless of where I am" ~The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta
Somehow Marchetta always puts into words the things I am feeling but can't express...
2. "I'm not going to wear a red dress," she (Katsa) said. "It would look stunning my lady," she called. She spoke to the bubble gathered on the surface of the water. "If there's anyone I wish to stun at dinner, I'll hit him in the face." ~ Graceling by Kristin Cashore
The best way to make an impression...
3. "Mum says when wanting collides with getting, that's the moment of truth. I want to collide." ~ Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Another author who's words I want to steal.
4. "It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~ Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowlings
So many wonderful Potter quotes, but this one has always stuck with me.
5. "Peter would probably throw a party if I stopped breathing." "Well," he (Four) says, "I would only go if there was cake." Divergent by Veronica Roth
I fell in love with Four right here, sarcastic humor is the way to my heart.
6. "This is the way the world ends - not with a bang or a whimper, but with zombies breaking down the back door." ~ Hollowland by Amanda Hocking
Best opening line, ever...
7. "Remember, we're madly in love, so it's all right to kiss me anytime you feel like it." ~The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Are there deeper, more romantic quotes? Sure there are but I'll always love this one, oh
and Finnick Odair in his underwear, what a great rhyme...
8. "To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable." ~The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
I know it's long but it's about the truest statement there is.
9. "We live and breathe words... It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them." ~ Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Oh books, how I love you!
10. "Nine times out of ten, talking is a way of avoiding doing things" ~ Dealing with Dragons by Patricia Wrede
True that, so I should probably get off my computer, and get back to work...
What are some of your favorite quotes?