Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday's: Cover Love/Squirm


This week it's time for some Cover Love and some Cover Squirm! I already did my top 10 covers of 2011, so I think for this Tuesday I am giving you five covers that I keep hidden away and five covers I carry with pride!

Top Five Covers I'm Glad I Have My Kindle For 
(in other words, covers that are embarrassing to be seen with!!)




1. Darkfever by Karen Moning

Why yes world and every student I pass in the hallway, it appears I am reading what appears to be a naughty, naughty romance novel...





2. Vampire Diaries - The Return: Nightfall by L.J. Smith


Why does this embarrass me? Because I'm no longer a 16 year old girl (which is how old I was when I began the series, wasn't so embarrassing in 98...)


3. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Granted, the HBO tie in book cover is not so bad but when my friend told me I had to try this series and gave me this book, this was the cover I got. Why are they floating?? Did not go on to read anymore of this series but I can't blame that all on the cover...



4.  Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost 
Wait, I think I am seeing a theme... 






5. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Love it or hate it, you know people are judging you when 
they see this cover in your hands...





Top Five Covers I Carry With NO Shame


1. Zombies Vs. Unicorns by various authors

I will never be ashamed of my paranormal love for zombies and a new found love for unicorns. I only wish I had a better picture of the full cover. It's fantastic! 



2. The Wizard Heir by Cinda Williams Chima

I love fantasy. I have always loved fantasy and this cover 
just screams it! Plus the design is raised so my love of textures
is happy too.

3. Soulless by Gail Carriger 


See, I'm not embarrassed by all my paranormal romance covers. 
This one is fantastic from the quirky parasol, to the fantastic hat, tight 
dress and odd body positioning. Also, there is pink and purple, not 
my favorite colors but I really like it on this cover.

4. Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Doesn't look like a sci-fi book what with the "kissy" faces, 
but I absolutely love the way they are arranged with the galaxies
and stars behind. Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I even like
the way the faces are posed, as if breathing for each other...

5. Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith

No surprise here. I love books with kick-butt females and this
is probably my favorite cover that tells you exactly what you
are in for. Love the sword, the glare and of course the bruises!


2 comments:

  1. I'm the opposite of you. I took the dust jacket off of my cover of Across the Universe when I read it. I knew I'd get heck from friends if they saw two people kissing on it.

    I love kick-butt females too! Have you read Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder? Yelena is one of my all time favorite characters.

    My TTT is Look At Those Pretty Legs: YA Book Covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 'Zombies vs Unicorns' cover! And I actually quite like the Charlaine Harris one too! Kindof cool! I like Soulless- very quirky! Good choices x

    ReplyDelete