Hosted by the wonderful Broke and Bookish
Top Ten Fall Books To Be Read
*most of these books are yet to be released and I have included the expected publication dates from goodreads.com
1. The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan ~ out Oct 2nd
Percabeth!! I am too excited to see the reunion of Percy and Annabeth. Plus, sounds like Annabeth is going to be getting into or causing some major trouble...
2. Unwholly by Neal Shusterman ~ out Aug 28th
I just bought this book yesterday and I feel in order to truly appreciate it, I need to do a reread of Unwind. I have waited a long time for this book and Unwind is one of my top ten books so I am nervous to see where Unwholly takes the story.
3. Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta ~ out Sept 26th
3rd book in the Lumatere series. If you haven't read Finnikin of the Rock and Froi of the Exiles, go and do it right now. Don't finish reading this list, get in your car, get to a bookstore and get reading...
4. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling ~ out Sept 27th
Not gonna lie, I'm still holding out that this is a very cleverly disguised Harry Potter prequel...
5. Crown of Embers by Rae Carson ~ out Sept 18th
I'm actually surprised there is a sequel. The first book had a satisfying ending but it seems as if there is still some trouble for Elisa.
6. Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater ~ out Sept 18th
A girl who is destined to cause her true love's death. Ghosts, private school boys and mystery. Sounds like a good read to me!
7. Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff ~ out Sept 1st
Apparently the author summed up this book as "telepathic samurai girls & griffins in steampunk feudal Japan." Yep, I'm sold...
8. Reached by Ally Condie ~ out Nov 13th
Time to find out what happens between Cassia, Ky and Xander and what happens in their Society. I am desperate for a conclusion!
9. Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride ~ out Sept 18th
The first book was intense and hilarious, a beautiful combination. I mean already the title is great and I hope we get to see more of waffle loving Ashley!
10. Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate & Michael Grant~ out Oct 2nd
It's been over 10 years since I finished Animorphs and Everworld and in the meantime I have been hooked on Grant's Gone series. I really have no idea what this book is about but I would probably read anything by these two!